🎒 Thermal bag
Your thermal bag is the most essential piece of equipment because it keeps the goods you’re delivering at the right temperature.
- Clean your bag every day after doing deliveries to keep your bag and the goods you transport fresh and sanitary - yes, even if there was no leakage! You can simply use warm, soapy water and a sponge to get rid of the bacteria.
- Look out for any malfunctions. Check your thermal back regularly - keeping the food hot until it’s delivered to the customer is crucial to prevent bacteria from growing.
- Keep it safe at all times - don’t leave it unattended when delivering, not even for a little bit.
🚲 E-bike and bike
Wash it regularly! The more often you clean your bike, the better condition it will be in and the longer it will last. When you clean your bike, make sure to also inspect it to ensure it is working properly. You can check the manufacturer’s advice for specific steps to follow when taking care of your bike, but this list should be a good starting point:
- Rinse your bike. Use preferably warm water and a sponge. If you have an e-bike, avoid putting water on the motor, battery and controls. You can use bike-specific cleaning products, but soap should do the trick!
- Clean the drivetrain - get rid of all the grease and dirt with a de-greaser, that will help you do the job. Don’t forget to double check your de-greaser is compatible with your bike!
- Let your bike dry outside or use a dry, clean cloth (preferably microfiber) to remove the excess water.
- Don’t forget to re-lubricate your bike! It’s a crucial step that you can’t miss to prevent rusting.
- You’re done!
🧥 Jacket and Light-Reflective Gear
We suggest wearing a light reflective jacket at all times. You can wash it in the washing machine at 30 degrees. Refrain from using a dryer as this could damage your jacket.
Safety comes first, so make sure to wear your light-reflective jacket during deliveries, especially if you are a bike, e-bike, moped or e-moped courier!
Damaged equipment? No prob!
Did you know you can order JET equipment or your own Stuart-branded equipment through this link?
Simply read through the page and choose the piece you want to purchase. Let us know via email (it’s all explained in the article 😉) and CS will give you access to the online store. After that, order your item and wait for it to arrive home!
If you wish to learn more about the equipment you need when delivering via the Stuart platform, check our Help Centre Article!